Intro to Statistics
This online Introduction to Statistics training course, written and facilitated by the author of the latest Six Sigma Handbooks, provides an introduction to statistics.
By completing this online statistics course, students will be able to use Minitab or Excel (where applicable) to:
- Understand and apply basic probability concepts and commonly-used sampling distributions.
- Understand and apply commonly-used confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, for means, variances and proportions of known distributions and non-parametric cases.
- Understand and apply ANOVA and contingency tables.
- Understand and interpret sample size issues including the power of a statistical test.
Registration in the online Introduction to Statistics training course includes:
- Twelve months access to the online training materials including training slides, study guide, and additional Knowledge Center references.
- Upon successful course completion: Electronic certificate indicating course completion.
The following three topics are included in the Intro to Statistics training course:
- Probability & Distributions
- General Probability Rules.
- Distribution Use & Interpretation in MS Excel and Minitab
- Binomial Distribution
- Hypergeometric Distribution
- Poisson Distribution
- Normal Distribution
- LogNormal Distribution
- Exponential Distribution
- Weibull Distribution
- Probability Plots
- Goodness of Fit Tests
- Curve Fitting with Johnson Distributions
- Statistical Inference
- Multi-vari Plots.
- Confidence Intervals on Means & Percents.
- Hypothesis Testing Method, Assumptions and Uses.
- Hypothesis Tests on Mean, Two Sample Means, Paired Samples.
- Hypothesis Tests on Variance, Two Sample Variances.
- Contingency tables.
- Power & Sample Size Considerations.
- Non-parametric Tests.
- Assumptions & Bartlett's Equality of Variance Test.
- One-way ANOVA in Excel & Minitab
- Two-way ANOVA in Excel & Minitab
- Multi-factor ANOVA in Excel & Minitab
- Tukey's HSD Test