Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Essentials
The online Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Essentials course, written and facilitated by the author of the latest Six Sigma Handbooks, provides 11 Lessons, plus 5 videos, detailing the application of the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) to lean and process improvement projects.
Each lesson in this online Six Sigma training course includes:
- Detailed slides with Notes.
- Interactive Exercises.
- Study Guide Questions to test your knowledge.
- Online Glossary and References for further information
Registration in the online Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Essentials training course includes:
- Twelve months access to the online training materials including training slides, study guide, and additional Knowledge Center references.
- Upon successful course completion: Electronic certificate indicating course completion.
The following eleven topics, with 5 videos, are included in the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Essentials training course:
- Six Sigma Projects
- Project Focus
- Is it a Six Sigma Project?
- Customer Focused Projects
- Video: Customer Focus Overview
- Selecting Projects
- Video: Project Selection Using PM
- Video: Consensus Criteria Method
- Estimating Project Benefits
- Overview of DMAIC methodology
- Project Reporting
- DEFINE Stage Tools & Objectives
- Define Stage Objectives
- Project Charter: Use and Development
- Work Breakdown Structure.
- Pareto Diagrams.
- Process Maps.
- Matrix Diagrams
- DEFINE: Metrics & Deliverables
- Critical to Quality (CTQ) Metrics
- Throughput Yield (and comparison to traditional yield)
- Rolled Throughput Yield
- Video: Rolled Throughput Yield Calculations
- Normalized Yield
- DPMO: Use and Misuse
- Sigma Level
- Video: DPMO & Sigma Level Calculations
- Critical to Schedule (CTS) Metrics
- Cycle Time
- Process Cycle Efficiency
- Process Velocity
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Relation of CTQ and CTS Metrics to Critical to Cost (CTC) Metrics
- DEFINE: Project Financials
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Quantifying Project Benefits
- CTC Calculations
- DEFINE: Project Scheduling
- Scheduling Project Activities & Events
- Gantt Chart
- Critical Path Analysis / Activity Network Diagram.
- PERT Analysis
- DEFINE: Change Management and Six Sigma Teams
- Problems with Change
- Achieving Buy-In
- Team Formation, Rules & Responsibilities
- Stages of Team Development
- Overcoming Problems
- Consensus Building
- Affinity Diagram
- Nominal Group Technique
- Prioritization Matrix
- Measure Stage Tools and Objectives
- Measure Stage Objectives
- Process Definition (Flowcharts, Process Maps, SIPOC)
- Metric Definition
- Establishing Process Baseline
- Enumerative vs. Analytic Statistics.
- Process Variation (Deming's Red Bead)
- Benefits of Control Charts.
- Requirements vs. Control (Tampering)
- Control Chart as Process Baseline Tool
- Analyze Stage Tools & Objectives
- Analyze Stage Objectives
- Definition of Waste
- Analyzing Process for NVA
- Cycle Efficiencies
- Lead Time and Velocity
- Takt Time
- Methods to Increase Velocity
- Spaghetti Diagrams
- Level Loading
- When are Batches More Efficient?
- Setup Reductions
- Improve Stage Tools and Objectives
- Improve Stage Objectives
- Tools to Prioritize Improvement Opportunities
- Defining New Process Flow
- Lean Tools to reduce NVA and Achieve Flow
- Level Loading
- Tools to Define & Mitigate Failure Modes
- Preventing Failures
- Reference to Tools for Defining New Process Levels
- Control Stage Tools & Objectives
- Control Stage Objectives
- Methods of Control
- Control Plans
- Measuring Improvement
- Design for Six Sigma Overview
- Tools for DFSS
- System, Parameter and Tolerance Designs